Monday, March 17, 2014

Benson Hill..... Missionary Changes

On Tuesday we received training from President Eaton. The Missionary Department came last month and changed some things. The first lesson is now 30 minutes long. From door-to-door. We also now count lessons as having a opening and closing prayer. Instead of before when it had to include a commitment, doctrine, and a prayer. This has made our numbers drop ALOT but will lead to more progressing investigators and more baptisms.

I have found myself studying a lot about families lately. It is not like I want to I just start studying and then I am like,"wow how did I end up At families again?" Families are very important. Think about where we would be without them. President Packer said, "... nothing is more critically connected to happiness- both our own and that of our children- than how well we love and support one another within the family." Families are so important they are our support. The second point we talk about when teaching the first lesson is "Gospel Blesses Families." The Gospel really does bless families. As we strive to have better relationships with our family members we will be able to feel the spirit more in our home. And feel the love of others as well as our Saviors love for us.

On a different note ...my ward mission leader is from the Philippines. And in the Philippines they have a delacasy called Bolut. Sister Alder Has eaten it as well as Elder Bradford but Elder Mchendrick and I refuse. Bolut is a Duck egg that has been fertilized and is about to hatch. Sister Alder says it just tastes like a normal hard boiled egg with a beak. I am taking her word for it. I am not putting that thing in my mouth!

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you next week.

Sister De Karver   

No comments:

Post a Comment